Application: Robosphinx

We are always looking for members to help control fair and fun gameplay in the --CGA-- community. Here you can let us know if you would like to be a member.
Somewhat Threatening Contributor
In-Game Name: --CGA-- Robosphinx
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51438755

Application: Robosphinx

Postby RoboSphinx » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:47 pm

1: Must be a responsible member of the community. (in the forums and in game)
In-game I've got down, however my forum account was just confirmed so I hope to become active on the forums in the near future.

2: Clear minded thought process and thinks before he/she says or acts on anything.
I'm a very analytical and critical person (sometimes to my disadvantage), and always have (and hopefully always will) think about and analyse a situation before acting or even speaking on the matter.

3: Has to be 18 years of age or older (some exceptions are made but not many)
Currently I have 14 years under my belt, and if waiting four more years to be a CGA member is what it takes, then by all means, that is what I'll do.

4: Has played on the servers for at least 3 months.
I've been playing on the CGA servers for about a year now, give or take a month or two, minus periods when life got more absorbing and didn't allow for some TF2.

5: Knows the rules of the servers.
No camping, firing into spawn, or being a jerk for that matter, and always give the opposite team a fair enough chance to come out of their spawn. Definitely comply to the wishes of other members and especially admins too, unless you don't really want to play on CGA then you can just leave.

6: Must be able to learn things as explained to him/her the first time.
I've been brought up to only be told things once, I'm a quick learner, and I always take things to heart unless it's not intended to be.

7: Must have the willingness to do his job in game rather than ignore the players and continue playing.
I'll admit there will be times when I get absorbed in the game, but if and when the need arises I can do whatever I need to do to keep things orderly, not just in game but in any situation for that matter.

8 Should be seen helping enforcing the rules.
If the need for intervention arises, I can and have taken action. (See #7 above.)

9: Should be helping players new to the server.
I lose my patience easily with people who I know already know what's going on, but inside I am a very patient person and if someone asks for help I can and will help them in all situations (to the best of my ability of course).

10: Must have Teamspeak 3 and know how to connect and participate in our server.
Most of the time I use steams integrated voice chat for personal use, but I do have TS 3 and have adequate knowledge on how to use it.

11: References from admins you play with a plus but not mandatory.
None at this point, as I haven't talked to anyone yet, but maybe, just maybe I can win over someone to vouch for me... maybe.

12. Not have admin on any other server, or owner of their own pub server.
Never really had an interest in administering another server, or even being a member on another server until now, and I don't really have the time to upkeep a server of any kind hosted by myself.
Profile from SteamDB
  • Money wasted: $1008 ($293 possible with lowest sales)
  • Games owned: 71 ($19.03 average per game)
  • Games untouched: 25 (35%)
  • Hours wasted: 967.5h (21.0h average)
  • Last updated: 5 August 2016

Positively Inhumane Contributor

Re: Application: Robosphinx

Postby anothercoolsandwich » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Robo, you are a nice player to have in the community. It may be a stretch for us to take a 14 yr old in as a member, don't take this though as saying disappear. We are thrilled that you thought to apply, and put the effort in to do a proper application. Stay around for a while, stay active in the community, we will see what happens.

Donator

Postby Creepeh » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

14 years old, but such a nice application! My hat is off to you young sir!

Sufficiently Lethal Contributor
In-Game Name: --CGA-- Gragle Snov
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25868969

Postby GragleSnov » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:06 pm

this is the best application i've seen

Postby bear » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 am

GragleSnov wrote:this is the best application i've seen

why?

Postby RoboSphinx » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really do appreciate it all :D
Profile from SteamDB

Postby RoboSphinx » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 pm

I really don't like posting on an ancient thread, but here it is; I've done some poking around for even the slightest snippets of Teamspeak info, and to no avail. Would it be possible for me to get that from anyone or do I have to be a member first? Anyway, I'll probably start adding other members to my friends soon, so maybe I can work it out of one of you yet. Maybe. :P
Profile from SteamDB

Return to Member Application